For more information or to apply for this position, please visit http://www.tupeloms.gov/hr/jobs/
Responsible for selling Tupelo as a destination to corporate meeting planners, religious groups and fraternal groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with meeting planners and decision makers with religious and fraternal associations and organizations to generate sales leads, new business and repeat business in the various aspects of the assigned markets.
• Establishes sales blitzes and co-op opportunities with local hotel partners as part of the annual plan.
• Initiates personal sales calls, develops bid packages and proposals, negotiates sponsorship terms and makes group presentations to solicit business. Arranges and conducts facility site inspections and coordinates sales efforts with local meeting and lodging facilities to target groups that match Tupelo’s availability and inventory.
• Plans and coordinates details for participation in a variety of tradeshows, conferences and marketplaces and implements follow-up to generate future business. Researches and develops sales and promotional tools used in various marketing endeavors.
• Works as part of a cooperative effort with the Mississippi Division of Tourism to promote Tupelo’s travel product via targeted marketing programs, sales missions, blitzes, familiarization tours.
• Establish necessary administrative procedures and databases files to maintain records of required activities in all areas of work responsibility involving sales.
• Prepares monthly reports detailing all activities and opportunities within the assigned markets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
o Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
o Minimum of two (2) years business related experience.
o Must operate standard office equipment and personal computers.
o Must present an organized office that perpetuates a staff and guest friendly environment
o Ability to multi-task in order to meet deadlines
o Computer literate in applicable software (Internet, Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and able to learn new software as needed. Experience in both PC and MAC platforms preferred.
o Writing and copy-editing experience
o Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports or government regulations.
o Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
o Ability to write letters and/or articles or publications that conform to prescribed style and format.
o Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or governmental officials.
o Must speak and write the English language fluently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities for the job include near vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATION
o Possess a valid driver’s license
o Possess proof of valid insurance if operating a vehicle on
behalf of CVB
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls.
o The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; lift 10 to 40 pounds and drive a vehicle.
The position description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by the director of the Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau.
The CVB reserves the right to revise or change job duties as need arises. The position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment and creates no contractual obligations on the CVB.